I like what you did there with hybriding the visual novel and dungeon crawler mechanics, I always felt visual novels in themselves are kind of lacking.
Serment - Contract with a Devil Alpha Demo
A downloadable game for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
We have been greenlit on Steam, thank you very much for everyone's support!
Serment - Contract with a Devil is a Visual Novel - Dungeon Crawler hybrid featuring a dating sim time management system, turn-based RPG battles, multiple minigames and most importantly, cute kemonomimis
Kindly note that most of the current UI are placeholders not done by professionals. Other art assets like character sprites/CG/backgrounds should give a more accurate idea of the quality you can expect in the final game release.
Play as 1 of the 4 heroines who have been revived by the a beautiful devil.
Though, instead of claiming your ever so cliche human soul, the devil demands a huge sum of money for payment. You also learn of the dreadful fact that you will die again if the payment is not in time.
Explore dungeons from a 3D first person perspective. Collect materials, finish quests and recruit new party members. Interact with members of the demon world. Do whatever you deem necessary.
Can you make enough money in time to save your life?
Does that sound a bit too dark? You would be pleasantly surprised (or be disappointed) that the game is actually comedic and light-hearted for the most part.
Also, please kindly note that this demo is currently far from being balanced. New features are still being added, so we'll be focusing on having a bug-free game first.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, though. Share your opinions in the comments session if you want to, we'd love to hear them!
Playtime of the demo is around 1 hour.
You can follow our official Facebook page here!
Update 1.02 changelog:
- Replaced several placeholder UI elements (main menu, config screen, save/load screen, choice options, textbox, etc).
- Dungeon rework: Walking animations and footsteps sound are now present. "Go home" button moved to the large minimap screen (opened by pressing "Tab" or "m" inside dungeon). Dungeon resolutions can be adjusted in the game options.
- Fixed the game crashing after defeating Dolly in battle.
- Replaced some current soundtracks and added a fishing theme.
- Skipping is now stopped at the start of battles (You can still re-toggle skipping by pressing Tab or holding Ctrl).
- Changed some game dialogues.
- Players can now use their own picture (recommended 4:3 ratio) as dungeon walls simply by replacing the file "wall.png" inside Serment's game folder.
- Added colored sprites for Dolly.
1.02 will be the last Alpha release of Serment, the next version will be a Beta with full gameplay features (which is estimated to be ready around February 2017).
Planned things for beta version:
- A lot more side characters (at least 11).
- Remake fishing minigame (it's not working properly and probably not fun right now).
- Replace "hunger" for all party members other than the MC with another mechanic.
- Battle arena.
- Auction hall.
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Demo version 1.01 is up. Changelog:
- Separated images/sound/script archives (for lighter future updates).
- Added colored versions of item shop background.
- Added a button in config menu to stop text skipping (pressing Ctrl will also have the same effect).
- Added quick slash sound effect for bird enemies.
- Fixed demo not ending properly on day 7.
The demo is constantly being tested and updated with new balance values and gamplay features. We will keep you informed of any major changes!